View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #78
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Final conclusion of the mysterious misfiring in boost...

Well, let me start out by saying this... The air filter breaking and blocking the MAF obviously caused the spark plugs to get a shit ton of soot on them. After replacing the plugs with new spark plugs, the motor still was acting up. I went ahead and did a full tune up on the car as a preventative. Replacing the air filter and intake tube was another item I wanted to do for a while.

A few days ago I went and re-gapped the old spark plugs to 0.028 and sanded down the contact points to remove the black soot. The new spark plugs were at 0.042. Since I'm running 14 psi, my tuner mentioned it could have been spark blowout! The motor the past two days has been behaving well. While I was going over the entire motor, I also noticed my ground wire off my battery was lose to the chassis. I went and found a better location, cleaned up the contact points, and tightened her down.

Hard lessen learned? I should have started with the stupid simple solutions first and move on to more complex. I guess I was too frustrated to think about the smaller details. Needless to say, my motor was far overdue for a tune up!

I'm also determined to switch over to speed density so I don't have to deal with MAF issues again.