View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
a_ahmed
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Maximum TIRE(Rubber) fitment thread

This thread is for people with s chassis cars who own or know someone who owns s chassis car(s) with maximum rubber and maximum wheel width for grip in mind -- whether this be for street or track or both.

It's for the slowly growing crowd of enthusiasts who are more swayed towards lapping/maximum grip from their car as opposed to drift or looks. Those who own their car and attempt to make their car meet or exceed the performance of modern sports cars, supercars heck even hypercars... whether they just have a street car and do it for personal achievement or race it at the track. Whatever this may be to you if you are someone who likes to see/have/drive on with 255 on an 8.5", 275/285 on a 10", 3xx on a 11"/12", etc... please post. The ever growing small crowd and trend needs it's own recognition..
. we need to change the stereotype that S chassis cars are only good for the slammed look or drift. It's unfortunately a small crowd but people don't know what they are missing.

Post in the following manner:

YOUR CHASSIS: s13, s14, s15

WHEELS:
brand, model, size, width, offset

TIRES:
brand, model, width, profile, size

MISC DETAILS: power/mods/?

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/track/both

PICTURES:

To give you guys an idea of the beauty of what this thread is attempting to do ... I will honor two of the best known S chassis cars out there.

One belonging to j-rho and one belonging to aceinthehole, I admire both cars and owners and they have given me alot of inspiration to take my time to rebuild my s13 for better things in mind one more time

Aceinthehole: 285/30/18 on 18x10 front (I should let him do the post himself hope he doesn't mind, he needs no introductions)

J-rho's S13 (another s chassis hero he needs no introduction - but his car sure needed the bn blister widebody :P)

285/30R18 F on 18x11
315/30R18 R on 18x12.5

Needs a bn blinster widebody!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxqkhpOrSjc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7C6VhLZ1pA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dt2xCtHCbk[/ame]

For those curious how my car looked when I first restored it:

Car when purchased for 800$ almost undrivable:

Parts that were slowly piling up before restoration:

After the car was all put back together for the first time:

As things stand right now however, my car is completely stripped and I intend to redo it all over again, I'm just slowly again collecting parts, I know what I want, but can't afford it time/money wise at the moment, I have family priorities but I do love this hobby and my car But I love my family first

Yes I know, I don't have fat rubber or wheels, but this is just for those who were bitching attacking me if I even own an S chassis car/etc...

The last thread went to poo, but I spoke to ThatGuy and he said lets keep it civilized and peaceful -- it'll be cool. Lets not start a retarded war, we are all 240 owners. As soon as I created the other thread people started jumping, bitching and negging. So what? Some people are sick of the slammed/stretched/whatever look. No need for drama... get over it. I acted a little immature myself by buying into the stupid neg reps/hate/stupid comments and saying stupid things back.

But lets make it clear! If you want the stretched and slammed, -10 camber, -100 offset, 100mm spacers, 4" lowered frame scraping, 195 on a 9" 265 on a 12" look and want to prove yours is better and more pimp than the next guy go to the following two links, they are threads related to that trend.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=136032&page=13

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=129865

The point of this thread is to have a thread for people who are NOT for the above and who recognize the above as what they are sick of seeing, because it's turning 240s into the civics of the 90s.... and thus are against this trend... but they are still s chassis owners but are not for drift or show, but instead interested in extracting maximum grip performance out of the s chassis cars... something that the s chassis car was always stated as being incapable of.

To make another thing very clear! In those two stretch/slammed/whatever threads if you post something that is 'not stretched enough' or not slammed/flush enough, you get negged for it, made unwelcome, called names, etc... because you're not cool enough lol... Likewise in this thread, the same applies vice versa. Don't come into here to bitch about it. Go to those two threads instead if you want what was mentioned that this thread is not about instead. Leave the grip/maximum rubber thread alone, no hurt feelings for anyone, no drama, just love

SO LETS KEEP IT PEACEFUL...!
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links