View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #98
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by signals13 View Post
Nice build, love the 4 door r32. Would love to build one, would you able to find out any info on that V35 front bumper? Looks like the Top Secret one, I'd like to get one for my sedan.
Thanks, Nah I know nothing about those chassis's and not really friends with that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Nice build so far man. Definitely makes me miss Misawa.
Domo, Not a fan of Misawa, It has some nice views but too country and far away for all the cool stuff of Japan. Okinawa Spoiled me on having everything crammed on that island.

So I suspected for a bit that there was something up with my Fuel tank cuz I was getting shitty gas mileage and whenever I filled up I would never hear the tank depressurize when I removed the cap. When I went on that touge run I had a strong smell of gas in the cabin. It was very strong in the trunk so was pretty sure the PO fucked up the tank seal.

and I was correct. Its common that when you spill fuel on the Oring that it will expand and not seat in the groove correctly.

Old Seal

New seal

and of course when I pulled the sender out I get this kinda fuckery, honestly not surprised by this.

PO installed a GTR fuel pump and this is how he mounted it.

Zip Ties.... Plus it was a pain in the ass to remove with out breaking something cuz the sender and fuel sock were 180* apart from each other

Should have seen that coming.

Re-clocked the fuel sock so I can install and removed easier. Did not have any on hand parts to better remedy the situation, and the lower vibration mount was cut in half so I adjusted the feed pipe and used a worm gear clamp and wedged the rubber in between the pump and holder until I can get my hands on that GTR (Still waiting on the seller) and just swap in the GTR fuel tank.

So in the mean time this will suffice

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote