View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 07:30 PM   #8
kennedy8383
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kennedy8383 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboflan View Post
Im going to check fuel. I don't know if the ecu is sending injector pulses. Or not.but i plan to . I might just shoot starting fluid to intake and crank it. Just to verify if my piston froze I had a lot of moisture in my oil dipstick.i think my fuel tank had water in it. Because the trunk seal was old and rain dumped into the trunk and the o ring for the fuel pump was old. Too. So, in march 2018, i cleaned the gas tank up. I took my hand and wiped it down with paper towel. Alot of rust and sediment dirt was at the bottom. Half my fuel was water. Could i hydrolocked my engine in late 2017 when i was driving all the time while with water in my gas tank? unknowingly. thanks brndck @ Kennedy8383 How do i check resistance of the resistor if the casing its in is all melted.?
If fuel pump prime then the ecu working and sending fuel to rail to front of the engine. The crank angle send pulse to fuel injector. When you turn it by hand you should hear tick, tick, tick sound on injector, and should be spraying fuel. For the resistor and condenser. There little box that look square on top. Just use 2 small screw flat head. Pry top where the little tab is, and on side there little tap to lift up. Once it come out freely, there 4 terminal on it. and look on side to see if anything melted. it should be 2.2 ohm. If condenser and resistor goes bad it should be out of spec. Usually these thing don't go bad unless cross wire or short circuit.
kennedy8383 is offline   Reply With Quote