View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 05:53 AM   #10
tylerdurden
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
tylerdurden is an unknown quantity at this point
I ran the KA trans with RB25,,,,need a custom starter plate in order to use the KA starter, also had to drill out a couple of the transmission bolt holes on the bell housing to bolt up them up. You will also need to modify the transmission cross mount by welding an additional metal plate to line up with the bolt holes on the chassis...this part all depends on what engine mounts you are running.

I should have purchased a mount kit, but when I did the swap the kits were not readily available like they are now. I actually had to have someone fab some mounts for me by hacking up the crossmember and welding on mounting points. made custom urethane mounts in order to use the stock mounts on the engine.

Changing everything up now piece by piece using an RB25 trans...PM if you haven't done anything yet and still want to use the KA trans...I still have the bracket and starter....but the other members are right. Save the money and later on the time by doing it right the first time.

I did not have a choice because my swap was done in the 90's and I did not have the luxury of all the kits that are currently out.

GL
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote