View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #43
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
True.

The FLCAs do have enough flex in the inner bushing for it to be tilted forward and still work to a degree, but you'd sacrifice the range of motion that the ball joint or spherical bearing will have on the outer end due to the FLCAs now having a slanted angle.

Even with Def's modified Godspeed FLCAs, his spherical bearings (that replaced the ball joints) only has 15 degrees of misalignment on it. While he will probably never use the full range of 15 degrees, if your arms are tilted down in the front due to the T/C rods not being relocated as well, then the misalignment angles decrease, and you might run into problems then.

All hypothetical of course, but still, if I were to mess with the suspension, I'd rather do it right and make sure things aren't going to go out of whack, instead of just going by the "eh... it's good enough" approach.
Stock front balljoints have about the same amount of articulation. Can't remember if I said it was about 15 degrees each way, but it's probably a bit more that that. Maybe 20 degrees each way. Regardless of the amount, it is not far off a stock balljoint.

Correcting the front roll center brings the front tension rods to about the stock angle. Not sure why you guys are stressing out about the front tension rod, as any higher you make the front roll center.