View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #36
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
I apologize for the extremely late update, but priorities will always be priorities and cars tend to be put on the back burner for me.

My brother and I finally share the same work schedule. We were able to reinstall the spare KA I have along with the complete Greddy turbo kit to do a final mock up of where everything will be placed prior to sending the car off for paint.

All unnecessary holes in the engine bay have been marked. Core support will still be made removable for easy access when pulling the engine. Intake manifold will be stripped of all smog related components. The only items we have left to mock up are an FPR, oil cooler with oil filter relocation, and the Chasebays PS reservoir.

I have to say, I absolutely love the Greddy KA-T kit. It is allowing us to keep AC on the car without having to run a bunch of custom parts. Also, we didn't have to cut unnecessary holes for the FMIC. Greddy made everything fit using existing holes. We will be running larger injectors along with an AEM EMS V2 instead of the piggy back ECU Greddy includes with their kit.

Just to give you an idea of how it'll be looking once we get everything buttoned up. Motor will be fully refreshed with new seals and nothing will go back onto the car until it's been restored/refinished.

Evo brembo's also fit quite nicely behind the TE's. Calipers will be sand blasted and powdercoated for final assembly after the car comes back from paint.

Oh, I also sold off all of the used K's aero parts and managed to source everything new. Bumpers are obviously still fairly easy to buy, but good luck trying to find BNIB valances, lip, and sideskirts with original instructions/hardware.

I have stocked up on more rare goods to go on the car once final assembly rolls around.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote