View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 07:26 AM   #7
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selrift View Post
I'm going to start with why do you have to flash the ecu, if you are importing the turbo variant stuff for the 2j, just bring in the turbos ecu. I am not saying custom fab parts I'm asking why that's your answer though. Why is it so difficult to understand, simply import parts.
To argue some people can't do it does not make sense either, they would pay someone to do the swap, at which point they are paying to have someone check a motor and do a bunch of work either way.
Wait, are you suggesting to run a factory turbo ECU which will have a completely different pinout on a NA variant and expect the crank the key and be on your way?

You do realize that the NA and turbo variants have many differences usually one being compression points, this simply would not work.

Now to bring this example back to the 2JZ, lets say I have a non turbo IS300 and import the GTE turbos, wiring, and ECU I still have the issue that the GE engine has a distributor rather than coil on plug as well as other several differences.

What you're suggesting in this thread is a theory for saving money, but it fails in execution or else people would do it more. Even where you might me able to make things work you're costing yourself a headache and your time which is valuable.

I wholeheartedly hope that you sit down and crunch the numbers on a proper NAT build vs buying a VG30DETT and realise what you're actually saying.