View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 09:48 AM   #1303
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
Curious what times you're running at glen. Would love to bump into you up there one day.
Hey man! I would be thrilled to run into another S-chassis at The Glen. There are very few and far between at track days on the east coast.

My fastest lap there was a 2:08.56 with the VQ35DE and 200tw tires (Falken RT615K+).

As for the rear brake upgrades, all good stuff!

So the current rear BBK I offer is actually a second version. My design goal for both versions was to use a larger caliper and rotor inside a 17" wheel, which is really the tricky part due to the constraints of the back. The first version didn't use a parking brake at all. As for my rear kit not working well for occasional e-brake rips, prove it The drum itself is aluminum which obviously isn't ideal for that application, but I specified a thicker than normal hard coat anodize. I'd love for people to put it through the ringer. For holding the car for parking, it works perfectly.

As for the Z33 rear with Wilwood calipers, it's actually been on the development plan for sometime. Not clear yet that it'll work without chopping up the upright. The idea of having Z33 option on the rear to match our Z33 front option for a more budget minded upgrade is certainly enticing, so I get it.

But, yea, using a larger diameter rotor from the Z34 or equivalent really opens up the useable space in the back a bunch. It's something I decided not to pursue because of the wheel diameter restriction.