View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #23479
koivuns

Trader Rating: (0)
koivuns is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to start on a build?

I recently came across a 1991 240SX Coupe that's been stowed away in an old barn since '08. If I can get it running it's free for me to take, and after a little bit of research, this car could potentially be worth it. As it sits, the spark plug wires have been chewed through (darn peanut oil), the oil is old and black, the gas tank straps rusted out so the tank sits on the ground right now, battery is obviously dead, the clutch is all wonky: you can push it all the way in by hand with ease, and it stays down, so my guess is the master/slave cylinders are shot. The tires all are flat and have dry rot, I haven't been able to jack the car up and see if the rotors are rust-welded to the pads. There's a moderate amount of mold inside, though some D Germ along with some elbow grease should make quick work of that.

My question is what is absolutely necessary and worth it to get the car running? So far my list contains: gas, oil+filter, battery, spark plug/wire kit, cap+rotor, fuel filter, and if i can get it running then i would go ahead and replace the whole clutch cylinder system. Anything else anyone can think of? I would really appreciate input, as well as a suggestion for a better thread to post this in.
koivuns is offline   Reply With Quote