View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 12:09 AM   #1
AzNCmB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
AzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AzNCmB
KA Engine Smoking.... please help...

Hi, I'm from new orleans, and just today I had came home from a weekend trip 2 baton rouge. I have a 1995 nissan 240sx.

well, when I got back to new orleans, I was doin over 100 mph... I noticed that my dam oil cap had fell off(prob. because of the vibration of the motor).....so i immedietely turned the car off and checked the oil. Oil was very low, soo i poured about a quart and a half of oil back into it. After a couple of mins, I then rechecked the oil. Now the level is fine. I then used some of the stpĀ® engine degreaser 2 clean up all the oil that splatted everywhere

ok now here's the problem...

When I'm at idle, ther is smoke coming out from where the exhasut manifold is...?wtf is that...

ok... at first I thought it was the left-over oil or the engine degreaser stuff being burned on the manifold.....but after driving for about 30 mins.... I thought all of that stuff would of burned off by then....

So can anybody help me out?? I've tried searching and I couldnt find anything....Could it be blown rings??

By the way.... the PERFORMANCE of the car DOESN'T feel bad or sluggish in any kind of way.... It doesnt make any ticking noises so i know it's not a bent rod (luckly..thanks god).....it feels the same as it was when I've bought the car... I dont have any kind of performance upgrades besides a bumped up timing from the distrubitor cap...(I hope this clear anything up)

p.s. It do burn oil a little bit, but I knew about that since 3 months ago and I found out that I have some bad valve stem seals...

any kind of info in detail would be truly apprieacted...

Thanks
AzNCmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links