View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Five_5Zigen_4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Five_5Zigen_4 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the ECU is tuned for that setup. See the rest of this reply for more info on possible vacuum related issues...

Sogu: I was very curious about that. From what I had remembered, I THOUGHT it was supposed to die. I might have to double and tripple check my wiring to the MAF, because I had to extend the wires, run the chassis ground etc. I'll give it a look-see.

Also, on a side note, I was trying to eliminate any possibilities of vac leaks. I have my pressure sender for my boost gauge T'd off the FPR vacuum line, so I was going to disconnect it and cap it off (the boost gauge isn't wired up yet). Well, as I was doing that, the line came off the throttle body, and I saw a noticeable difference in idle. Read: Better Idle. Still sputters a bit, but I'm wondering if my FPR could be bad as well...I also took a spare piece of vacuum hose and ran it directly from throttle body to FPR...as soon as it feels ANY vaccum at all, the idle immediately dips and runs rougher...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
sounds like a potential bad maf. you unplugged it..it's supposed to die when you do that with the car on.