View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #114
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
why dont you run a setup like this.

take out the T fitting, put a regular elbow facing towards the firewall, then run another elbow off the rear fitting on the top of the valve cover. run both of those lines to a T then to one of the catch can's bungs on top. Then on the other bung run your normal vacuum line from the intake. Now for the part thats different. Make sure the catch can is the style that has a drain plug on the bottom like this one and run a line from there back down to the crank case like the OEM rear line just drains to.

That might solve the problem, if it fills up, it will just route back to the oil pan where it can get picked up again by the oil pickup and thus no blown motor.

Or am i just wrong?

Does not your system sound more complicated? Also I gotta weld another bung to the oil pan? That means I gotta remove the pan. Also you do realize thats how the stock system works. So I could have just run the drain back from my catch being filled correct with the most common setup? But the point your system is missing is that the catch will fill at a certain rate faster than gravity, your oil pick up and some sunction that your crank creates will pull the oil from that catch, but still it CAN fill faster than the drain. Remember your system is not running on a dyno, its running on the track where oil flies up due to elevation and side G's from cornering and with 18PSI on the turbo, you WILL drag oil into your intake because of the suction from the turbo. Trust me more trouble than it is worth, because you don't know for certain it will work in all situations.

Remember with the "normal" setup of catch in between front T and the intake pipe, on the street I don't get a drip of oil in my catch... Very different story running on the track, with 245 slicks, high elevation changes like in the picture, 18PSI all day long with on and off throttle, and with a 12/10 spring setup....