View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #143
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Okayy, it's been a quite fun few weeks for now.

I've started to do the interior wiring, but oh man.. My welder fcreking sucks!!
It uses gas and doesn't have a docking base so doing wiring is really frustrating with it. Going to buy a new one soon so I can continue on them.

I did finish off my valve covers. They just need some clear coating and they should look pretty good. I like how the waves become alive when you walk past them.

Also did do some photoshopping and Black on Black wheels could look awesome on the car! Should I change the yellow away when the wheels are getting rebuilt? Maybe.

But the Datsun is not why I am making this post.

They say that you should do your biggest mistakes when you're young.. Well... I went with it! I bought myself an new daily driver that I am going to try to use trough the winter. My friend was selling his Toyota JZZ30 Soarer, 5spd manual, worsen LSD, flared and had some small engine modifications. Well here she is!!

For the few past days we have snow coming from sky and weather has went below freezing point so I decided to change my winter tires on. I got some Nankang SV-2 winter tires and well... They're 255/35r18 and my old summer tires were LingLong 265/35r18. They stretched so well to the rears that I decided to get one step narrower tires, the 255/35's. Bad fucking idea. The Nankangs seemed to be 1-1.5" narrower than the LingLongs even tho they should have been only 10mm narrower. I thought that this is not going to go well and you can be the judge.

They did not stretch at all compared to the linglongs. Nankang's seem to have so stiff side wall that they just do not want to stretch. Huge amount of lubricant didn't help either. Well.. I've been driving like that for few days and around 30miles now and they have not lost any air so I'll keep driving like that and iff they start to fck with me, I'm going to try to find decent price wider ones to the rear. Front is okay, but the rear is what it is.