View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 03:24 AM   #25
d1zguy2

Trader Rating: (0)
d1zguy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I've seen 95 240sx with 240,000 miles in better shape and with more life than 1992 GT-R with 140,000km.
That is a fair year range comparison. I Like how you chose the farthest disparaging years....
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
You argue the dumbest points....your drag on statement isnt needed, nor do i need you to "convince me otherwise"

Literly sayn a r32 from 1989 wont equal a 1998 240sx. Just by age alone.....

But sure go ahead and type a novel..someone here will take the time to read it all...i wont
I read it, he makes 100% sense to me. A guy offered me to trade his R32 GTS-T coupe, for my 93 Silvia K's. I don't really care for Skylines or RB20DET's. So was an easy no. Also, IDGAF about real GTR's, don't care for their AWD, if I wanted a GOOD 4WD car i'd just get a subaru STI, audi RS/S something or a Tesla. Also, that particular car in 5 minutes of looking it over i'd have to spend 5k in parts to get it reliable and where I would want it for less power too and flexibility.

Another thing I've noticed is that kids (18-early 20 year olds) don't even know what a S13 or S14 are (I go to some high end car meets and they always come up and say the silvia was their favourite car despite being parked next to a lamborghini aventador with 1200 HP and two turbos out the back), I see a massive hike in prices once these youngings start making real $$$$$ and buy ours for crazy money since there isn't anything out there that is as easy, flexible, and unique, wether its new or old. People into the Skyline's are usually old farts with $$$ to burn to feed their initial D or too broke when young nostalgia buys.

That said the only skyline I'd buy would be a R34 GTS-T with a new GREDDY or HKS 2.8 liter stroker long block, GTR VSPEC NUR II interior and exterior in the pearlesaant purple or blue and fully restored for 60k over a tired and beat down used one for 15k less. Sky gallery in Thailand restores them and builds them to that spec. They did restore a real GTR R34 but their asking 180k for it. F that. Once they become legal in USA i bet they will be asking 6 figures for a USED beat up one. At those prices even with Thailands 300% taxes on imported cars make the R34 a better buy than one already in the USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfDR9o67Rc