View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 08:53 PM   #7874
Marphie21

Trader Rating: (0)
Marphie21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
You do still want negative camber gain on the rear. This helps with side bite in drift and grip in normal cornering as well. You just want less of it than what a normal low s-chassis has, as it becomes a very steep curve. Zero rear toe means you weren't taking advantage of anywhere near the grip you could have with some static toe in.
Yes, i understand that. I tend to adjust the camber depending on what tire or tire pressure I use. But right now im still seeing the majority of the tread disappear a little towards the inside of the tire. Id rather have a camber setting that maintains an even tire wear through the whole face of the tread. Maybe if i lowered the tire pressure a bit more during this test, it wouldve been perfect, but the car still being tested with a stock SR20 (condition unknown) so I kept the pressures at a modest 24PSI.

As for toe settings, i would run up to 1/2" toe in on my driftworks geomaster 2 car (used to be used for competition). I wanted to keep things "zero'd" for this test so i would have a better idea of what the gktech kinematics were doing. Also with just about 200whp, i find that too much toe in creates a bit of an awkward flow when driving longer corners. Although i feel anything north of 250whp would greatly benefit from a good amount of toe in, without needing to reduce mechanical grip to keep the car more
predictable/forgiving.
Marphie21 is offline   Reply With Quote