View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #404
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Lie. That's like saying ending slavery is going to unfairly impact the poor because the price of cotton will increase.

The jobs shipped over seas are the low paying, low skilled jobs.

The inexpensive garbage products that come back, think Walmart, also keep the poor in a cycle of procurement.

Think of the lesson about cheap boots vs expensive boots.
We aren't talking about jobs. The jobs aren't coming back to the US. More on that later.

The inexpensive goods are all people can afford and yes, it does keep people in a cycle of procurement. However, when you need shoes and all you have is $25, you can't stretch for the $75 shoes. You literally cannot afford to buy quality products when you're living paycheck to paycheck, even if they save money in the long run.

$25 shoes from China are better quality than $25 shoes would be from the US. Reduce the cost of labor, increase the quality without decreasing the profit margin.

Quote:
Again, lie.

Inexpensive products are made all over the world. Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Pakistan, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Egypt, etc.
You have selective reading problems. Notice the word "primarily." At no point did I say all inexpensive products are made only in China.

US minimum wage: $7.25/hr.

Taiwan minimum wage $4.92/hr, Korea $9/hr, Vietnam $118-171/mo, Thailand $10/day, India $2.46-12/day, Pakistan $1/mo, Turkey $441/mo, Brazil $284.10/mo, Mexico $5.42-9.34/hr, Poland $3.89/hr, Russia $154.34/mo, Egypt no minimum.

As you can see, it is much cheaper for labor in many of the countries you listed. The low-skill, low-paying jobs are going to go to any number of countries other than ours.

Quote:
Again, lie.

China is a criminal enterprise who has profited from theft, extortion, murder, corruption and political bullying.
What about the US in the nineteenth century? Literally committed genocide, stole land, refused to accept secession.

A lot of our space and medical research was conducted by war criminals we pardoned because we had to get ahead of the Soviets.

Political bullying? We use the threat of military force ALL THE TIME. We use economic sanctions ALL THE TIME.

Quote:
So you are biased.
No. I'm just saying I have experience with production and the reasons why one would utilize a Chinese supplier.

Quote:
Sounds like an opportunity to make a fortune then.
Nope. There's not enough money in it because the big players in my realm can absorb cost increases whereas the little guys can't. I've already cut my prices by 10% to compete in a competitive niche market. That 10% stings.

Quote:
So what. Doesn't excuse the genocide, organ harvesting, concentration camps, IP theft, human rights violation, pollution, corruption, financial market manipulation, espionage, colonization, etc
Nice false quote. Glad you can put words in peoples' mouths like the best of them.

The United States, at various times in its existence, has participated in genocide, in forced human testing, in forced sterilization, in concentration camps, in human rights violations, in enormous pollution (by the way, we emit more CO2 per capita than they do), financial market manipulation, espionage, and colonialization. China's just doing it in the 21st century.

Quote:
Who said a thing about "nationalism"? Were talking about China and China alone.

Mind you, China's entire world view is based on Chinese Exceptism.
Our whole military and economic attitude is based on American Exceptionalism. Our expansion west was based on American Exceptionalism. China has the potential to make our pp look smol and I think that's why the GOP is worried.

Quote:
Wow....

What the fuck does any of that have to do with standing up to China and not letting them make a mockary of western human values?

In a hundred years transnational manufacturering will be looked at the same way we look at 18th century slavery.

Funny how people that demand $20/hr, free healthcare and think college is a human right... Also expect to buy cheap iPhones made by economic slaves at $5/day living under a fascist nightmare that is destroying the world's ecology.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We aren't world police. Our job in the world is to do our thing and trade with people. If we don't like it, we need to make the decision as a group of consumers, not as a country. I didn't ask Trump to do shit and I'm seeing a metric assload of people not asking Trump either.

We've been a service economy for years, and the funny thing is that it's not really helping anyone but the wealthy, the ultra-wealthy, and the gods. We put ourselves in this position, not China.