View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Motortrend really nailed it. Basically all it had going for it was rwd. My god the sohc sounds so bad even when new, too.
RWD, appearance (both interior and exterior), and the thing that only revealed itself later down the road: parts cross-compatibility. This is the key ingredient as to why these cars are amazing. The SOHC was a heap, but given the circumstances... at least NISSAN nipped that in the bud and released the DOHC 2 years later. Its not like the rest of the world had this problem since they had CA/SR and (optional) turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I wonder if there is an S14 review or better yet, a direct comparison against the S13's.... That would be cool.
Would be interesting. I drove the S14 when it was released and was not pleased/impressed. Maybe because I was comparing it to my fastback, which is not a fair comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tech_Weapons View Post
Let's see here... which one of the three has the biggest aftermarket 24 years later and have engineers in a forum debating in a 220+ page thread over steering angle and actively sharing knowledge on how to attain the best suspension performance at the track............
DSM community is pretty active. The 4G63 is a good motor. Rest of the cars are shit.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote