View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #8
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLoBaLReBeL420 View Post
Did you ever get those cams in? Trying to see if anyone else is noticing the vacuum drop at idle? Under deceleration I pull a good -19 to -22 ng and that's what I was pulling at idle (at sea level) before I had switched out the cams.

Also, is anyone else switching their valves and springs with these babies? I only run my 93 SR BlackTop to about 7200 rpms, but I can tell these cams would really shine with a much higher rev range. My turbo woulnd't be so happy, but the car would certainly enjoy it haha.
I ran 256 poncams in my car for years, only recently when the motor ingested a throttle screw (which held an intake valve open, threw a rocker and trashed the intake cam) did I spring for new cams and valvesprings (JWT C2 cams and their recommended springs).

From my experience stock valvesprings with 256 poncams are good for at least 7600 rpm, thats what my rev limiter was at. Those cams were designed to work with stock valve springs so throwing stiffer springs and titanium retainers under them often does more harm than good. I've seen people with stock cams and BC springs/retainers throw rocker arms at like 7200 rpm while I've never had an issue.