View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #23
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree
Bold was me.

You made the classic mistake. You went for power and ended up forsaking the chassis. Now you complain that you can't go as fast as you want. Suck it up and realize that it's your own fault. That's my opinion of your setup. The race car guys you talked to didn't say a negative word because they were being polite. I guarantee they looked at each other after you left and said "what the hell was he thinking, doing power first?" There isn't just one way to set up a race car, but undertiring the car is certainly wrong.

By the way, 225s won't cut it. You'll need 245s or bigger. I hope you aren't incredibly fond of stock bodywork.

wow.......i didnt go for big power, 230whp is hardly big, im not complaining about any of it at all so there is nothign to suck up. I enjoy every second on track with an underpowered wide tired car or an overpower undertired car. And telling me the race guys were talkin shit behind my back, not cool. I ask for advice they give it to me, real advice not the BS your posting. you obviously dont understand tires that well, its not the size of the tire that means everything, teh Falken Azenis Sports that i was runngin are not enough now on teh track, when i was not moving as fast as i am now, they were enough, so now it is time to upgrade to only a slightly larger tire....but a different compound. The Falken Azenis are good track tires for an underpowered car, but th Toyo RA1's are a DOT approved R-Compound tire, MUCH different chacteristics than teh Azenis, MUCh better in every single aspect except wear maybe. a 225 wide r-compound tire with 230 whp will be plenty until i can afford to go with the suspension, wheel and tire setup i have planned for competition.

There is no need to tell me to suck anything up or deal with anything, i didnt critisize you at all when i responded to your post on here, simply explaining the setup. At least do some research on the tires i have on the car and the ones ill be running before you say one wont be enough for a certain setup. Or find out exactly what true race car builders have told me before you tell me they were callin me stupid for the order i did things. There is no eed to be so defensive, its ok, just make sure you know exactly what is expected of a race car and a budget and when you do finally know, deal with it.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote