View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 01:16 AM   #9
knate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
That's my next set of pads I think. Been running DTC-60s for a while now, no complaints at all, but figured might as well try new things.
ST43s are amazing for endurance racing because they last forever, but they are not without their faults:
  • They can squeal like crazy if they are not hot enough. It took me a long time to realize why they were so noisy and block the brake ducting when the pads are new. They would only stop squealing around 30-40 hours in..
  • Their release is not great.. mainly only noticeable racing in the wet. If they lock you almost have to completely come off of the pedal to get them to unlock. I've heard of this throwing off ABS in some cars.

My main comparison is Hawk Blues, which feel good and have better release characteristics but go away too fast, and have a more corrosive dust. ST43s seem OK when they are cold, so I'm sure they can be driven on the street but due to noise I would only use them for track.
knate is offline   Reply With Quote