View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 05:40 AM   #12
Suicunes

Trader Rating: (0)
Suicunes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post

Dont listen to this guy.
In all blatant honesty, that was just my experience with. Considering I also go to a shit school in Virginia that I am now transferring out of because it is full of obnoxious cunts, and it also only has about 2,000 students. A bigger school is a definitely a different environment and you'll probably find more people interested. I would just make a club based around drifting, instead of just formula D, that way you can talk about sweet style like D1SL and all and still have a ton of fun with low power cars. As much as formula D is cool and it does have its place in drifting, sadly a 1200 hp car with maximal grip and an awesome motor and all of that isn't attainable for the average college kid. Probably why I've been KA for the past 5 years and I'm just now getting an SR because I slaved all summer. Haha. I will say, my experience with drifting has taught me so much more about car set up and suspension systems than I ever imagined, and it's nice because I can now set up my own alignments at home, and have really been able to figure out what alignment settings work best for my driving style. So it has its pros, it has its cons. My advice, just find a really cool professor that has an open mind about Motorsports, that way you can definitely get them involved. I remember I saw once of my professors at a local HPDE day because I wanted to drive one and I got flagged off track for "intentionally drifting" because I cooked it around a corner but saved the slide instead of just spinning off like most of the dudes there were doing that day. Needless to say, it was a funny experience the next Tuesday in class when the professor who has been doing HPDE stuff for the past 4 years posted up slower times because he was afraid of really driving at the edge of grip. Now I'm teaching him the basics of drifting. It's weird but cool.