View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #57
flipnoi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flipnoi is an unknown quantity at this point
track?

Hey guys,

I'm actually new to drifting, but have always been a fan, WAAAAAY before tokyo drift and all that other nonsense coming from the new "scene". I'm not going to pose and act like I know anything about drifting or act like I actually do, because I dont.

But I've always wanted to hit up a track to LEARN. But I've always been scared because I dont want to get flamed or dissed for being a complete noob. Are people at the track nice/willing to give advice to someone wanting to learn? I'm pretty self conscious about what other people think, but at the same time I want to grow and learn more about what its like to drift. I love spectating, but I actually want to be the one behind the wheel. So I was just wondering what it's like to hit up the track, and the experience drivers have with fellow drivers on the same track. I guess the main point im trying to ask is:
What's the best way to learn this sport. I know you guys are giving advice and techniques, but is it best to just start out at a track and have other drivers help?

Sorry if you think i'm thread jacking, but I didnt want to strat a new thread. Im trying to keep it to the topic of techniques and learning, but everyone mentions the track and I was just interested what track experience is like.

thanks
flipnoi is offline   Reply With Quote