View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 11:59 AM   #16
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
power FC is a stand-alone it requires complete setup and tuning.
I used to tune L-jetro PFC here for $250 and D-jetro for $600 local
The engine will never run optimally on a base PFC tune without significant effort. It is rare anyways.

You have to adjust maps, fuel inj size, vacuum VE, delay period, etc... and globals for the L-jetro are useful

The wideband is an A/F gauge. the PFC is a controller for the engine. They are completely different things. You WATCH The wideband for many hours/days/years and learn how it reacts to tuning conditions. After 20 years I have developed an kind of... expectation for it's behavior and just by looking at a wideband I Can tell whether the engine is running properly or not. Its like the behavior of the gauge can tell us something that even the number on the gauge can not.

The PFC is just the computer component that the end-user is TUNING you are putting values, numbers, to make the engine run properly, some of that will show up on the wideband, some will not. The timing for example won't show much difference in the wideband, but its still a very important tuning cornerstone to configure.

You watch the wideband - and use this information to tune the engine using PFC.
The timing is intuitive to me, PFC and wideband cannot tell you timing. If you get it going I Can give you some timing values to shoot for though.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote