View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #104
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Its been a while, haven't had much motivation recently due to a few things going on, but I haven't forgotten about this car.

Fab work to get the car running is complete! Intake, intercooler piping, intercooler mounting, full exhaust, custom fan shroud and some other little things. Opted to mid mount the intercooler, entire cooling setup is very stealth and fits great. Left the wastegate to dump to atmosphere, not sure if I'll leave it like this, but I want to hear it scream at least for a while Dual Spal 13in fans on a custom shroud should to the trick paired with a Koyo N-Flow to keep coolant temps happy. Also had a -10an fitting welded to the PS return so everything can be connected with clean/simple AN lines.

I had posted about K-Series coils a while back, was planning to use them, but without the capabilities to build a bracket I decided to pick up a Taarks R35 coil conversion kit. I haven't seen much about this kit, but the price is really reasonable so I pulled the trigger. Interesting to see how the front coil is modified to fit. Their site claims these coils use a custom stalk, but from that I can see these are original stalks? This kit will not clear a coil pack cover, if anyone was curious.

While I was ordering bits from Taarks I snagged a PS relocation bracket too. Since I abandoned the ability to have A/C with mid mounting my intercooler I figured I should move the PS pump to a more appealing location. Cleaned up the pump and slapped it on. Need to get a fresh pulley mounted up and clean up my alternator next.

Quite some time ago I went to replace my exhaust studs, the stock SR studs are known to be garbage and prone to snapping so I wanted to get ahead of this. I started from the back of the engine, 7 studs came out without issue and the last snapped off... I was really annoyed and stressed about it, basically pushed the engine into a corner and hadn't touched it since. With the car back from having some fab work done I figured I'd try to resolve this issue.

I didn't want to risk some junk extractor snapping in the bolt so I grabbed a Snap-on left hand drill bit, bolt extractor and punch. Rolled the engine onto its side and got crackin', I let some PB Blaster sit on the bolt for a bit before I started to hopefully help loosen it up a bit. Used the punch to give myself a somewhat centered starting point and drilled slow. The bit paired with some lubricant went through with ease, extractor snagged the both with no issue and it came out with a little bit for force. Huge weight lifted off out my shoulders. I know this seems like such a small issue, but it was really something I wasn't looking forward to dealing with knowing it could lead to other issues if I messed it up.

With that out of the way I threw the last Mazworx stud in and took and stepped away in victory

I have quite a few boxes filled with other cool shit to install, hopefully next weekend I can put some real work in and actually progress on getting the car back together