View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #33
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Speaking from experience you'll always see OGs shitting on new brands that come in the scene.

The reason we do that is that we were the seed round of funding/R&D for these brands. Megan had little to no QC over their early products. Heim joints would fail and lose their tension. The aluminum arms would crack/break the threaded sections would rust. Buyer and skeptics alike would all say: "What did you expect? It's cheap." And swear to never buy it again or buy it again knowing we would replace it relatively soon.

Juusco, you're 19. You're still very new to the scene especially for guys that have been into these cars since the 90s,00s etc.

Your ideal build is much different from the guys that still idolize the 2000s of drifting, doriten, option video etc. and it always will be. No matter what this will always be an issue of contention between your peers and mine.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you'll be able to shrug off those disagreements and move on with your life. Do it while you're young. You won't change these old dogs.

This is very true. Some of you have been into the car scene before I were even born and that is amazing since you still are here enjoying the hobby with passion.

I love the "old school" 2000s cars that I've seen from Option, doriten etc.., but does this still make newer brands shitty? Yes, maybe it doesn't fit to your eye, but it doesn't make it a shitty product. Look at the Top Secret, Abflug and Veilside. Some of their products look horrible to me, but they're still good brands since their producst are high quality.

Some say that Super Advans look horrible, but are they shitty wheels? Hell nah!

I'm not trying to change anyones preferences here, I'm just trying to tell people that these newer brands are good quality too and I do not agree with someone calling it a shitty product, because they do not like how the products look.