View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #120
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Evening

Replaced the rollcage I fitted with a pretty similar one, just that the new one is branded Cusco

Done some work to the midconsole:

The midconsole is so scratched and Ugly looking cause of the other guys on the workshop so I am thinking about getting a new one, IMO looks like shit.

I will also place the wilwood brackefluid valve there, so it is eazy to I.E turn off the rear brakes, in case of some Emergency rubberburning!

About a month ago I bought these used Japspeed rear adjustable lower arms, but they were ugly looking in paint and got a cosmetic rust on the outer Nuts.
Started by demounting them and remove the bearings/uniballs as I don't trust the japspeed team (I am replacing these with custom ones for industrial usage, takes more beating before they fell out)

Put it all into the Abrasive blasting cabinette, the blue paint really was hard to remove so I just took the outer layer and matted them. Washed the main arms really good in a highly acid bath Grinded down the welds and rewelded some with the TIG, then plasted them again and washed and heated in the oven @ 200 degrees celcius for about 15 minutes. hung them up for painting and painted them while hot so the paint really sticks and does not scratch off so easy. did 6 layers of Black matte and then took about 4 layers of Clear lacquer

with and without clear lacquer

Wanted some bling so painted the bearing tip with anodized powder aluminium and clear lacquer.

Gonna rename these from Japspeed to "ATS rear lower arms"

Pretty happy with the result. front arms will be made in Chromonoly steel, it's quite expensive but when hitting a small rock in 300 km/t I don't want shit to fell off on the steering wheels!

Also bought some barely used Yokohama Advan slicks. New ones is too expensive for me at this point if I want to drive the car this year so this have to do.

2 x 250/650R18 for the front
2 x 280/680R18 for the rear

They are still soft and came from a Japanese timeattack car that was imported here a month ago. When it rains I will be using Yokohama Advan A048
295/45/R18 for the rear
265/45/R18 for the front

as the A048 helds for a little longer than the R888.

Also picked up this Front adjustable tower brace which was brand new, came with the Japanese Timeattack S15. Hoping for this shit to help stiffen the car a bit, 300 KM/H should be fine

1-11 of August this car, along with a few of my mates cars will be driving the Nurburgring, Circuit de Spa and the Hockenheimring
I hope that I can have some fun there!

Peace, and have a nice Saturday morning/evening W/E timezone you are in

Cheers!

Ice Cube - Why We Thugs - YouTube

Last edited by Teigen; 03-16-2013 at 07:12 PM..
Teigen is offline   Reply With Quote