View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #112
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Time for a sneakypeaky update or something

Running low on money lately as things are not for free and I have to save up for the materials and uniballs to make the suspension bars, arms and such out of, + I need to buy brakes and a ton of steel to make a custom exhaust

for those of you who have read the entire thread you probably remember my idea of making the switcpanel inside the midconsole. anyway, here is a link to the post

Have been working to make it done, as it's just been laying around getting scratched and ugly while I have been working with the rest of the car.

Began making an opening for the wires to run forward to the Autronic for things like launccontrol, anitlag, waterpumps, fans, gearbox oil pump, diff oilpump and such.

the electrical small saw have found a nice hiding spot, it's nowhere to find! lol

Hand filed the things, and will of course put a nice listing on the opening for the cables. Also decided to put the mainswitch of the battery connection there, also here I will put the Wilwood valve that I can set the % of brakes rear, or turn it all off if I want

It's been a hard decision if I should have a cage or not, I was worried for that the cage would kill the entire sleeper look of the car if it was too visible. It's actually been a discussion for several months, since September or so I think. All my mates have been telling me to give shit about the sleeper bullshit and get a cage in so I wont be handicapped the rest of my life if I crash the car or something lol

So the situation changed pretty hardcore, I went from not wanting to have a cage to suddenly own 2 o.O

Both the cages I took out of 2 imported S14 circuit/timeattack cars and I have to say the welding is very sick! it's soo smooth it looks like a mass production robot welder made it

one of the cages says Club Mans

after about 1 hour of hard work, hammering and pushing the cage was in, I actually only wanted to test fit it but the cage now sits so stiff into the car that I don't think I want to do all the working removing it again for painting :P
The cage is fitting extremely good! It's soo tight against the roof, the headspace in the car is still very good, you don't have to tilt your head while wearing a helmet like in some other cages.

Another thing i have been waiting for is the Russel special 30x1,5mm metric to AN16 fitting for my valvecover! I just laid it upon last night to see how the colors would match, looks ok to me!

from the catchtank I will do a vacuum source from the exhaust to maintain a constant vacuum in the head, it can give you a few more hp, like a dry sump system.

Painted the Second sleeved SR20 block of mine,

LOL !

Also had the headlights mounted along with some other pieces to the front

Mounted the block into the car including the gearbox and the new gearbox brace, now I can take the measurements of making new motor mounts in solid aluminium.

Dont ask me why, this just happend to join me after I picked up the cages and 3 spare cylinderheads

The 3 spare cylinder heads I bought to put into the bandsaw and see how all the ports are and such. Good to have if i want to do some porting in the future.
heads are S13 SR20 redtop, Sunny Highport DE head and a S14 blacktop SR head

Cheers!