View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #94
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
haha.. you gotta give it to them for holding strong for the past 11 years though!!! Adaptronic is much better though!! =-) excited to see your car finished!
hehe yeah

Adaptronic is a far better and advanced ECU system, its one of the better there Is i've heard. For myself i've been into 4 Autronic installations and usage and cannot say anything else than great.

Thanks, i cannot wait myself!

UPDATE:

As many other's here are writing, things have been going very slow for me as well. Mainly because of other more important things and healt, as well as helping others with their cars.

A little thing I've been doing is having made a decision that I need a Cooling system for the gearbox. Some might say this in unnecessary but It will not do any damage either!

So I found a medium sized Oil cooler in my cooling shelf and thought it would be a good size, not too large or small.

The pump is a space S15 diff cooler pump, I guess it will be a nice pump, it isnt very heavy either and Hitachi usually is a good brand. It looks rusty but I'll spend some hours working on it and then paint and polish. Hopefully it will turn out good. Still not decided on if I am mounting the cooler behind the front wheel of the intake side, or flat with 2 small fans next to the gearbox. Also I could mount it in front but I dislike having too long oil lines, the longer the more vulnerable.

Just hooked on the new IC for my brothers Volvo 242, it's a quite large cooler.
630x350x101mm
Just hung it there to check how a even larger cooler would fit on my car. It will be very tight with anything larger but I will manage to squeeze some more in there I was also thinking of having a ice-water cooling setup of the air, to make the compressed air even colder than the intake temperature. Anyway I dont have the money for it, nor place to have a cooling machine of the water or extra tank. + it would gain some more weight to my car.

Besides I've been helping a mate making a Intake for an old Volvo 8v turbo motor.

Everything we machined/ fabricated. Only thing missing is welding it together, which buyer wanted to do himself to save some money.

Cheers!

Feel free to comment