View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 10:37 AM   #12
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I think remote work is still viable but a lot of it depends on what you are comfortable with for compensation or what types of work you are willing to do.

I'm back in the tech industry and plenty of companies still have WFH. But a large part of that is dependent on the team manager or type of business, and whether it's labor intensive or more service-oriented.

$15/hr in CA vs ID are wildly different things also.
I'm about 80/20 working from home/office these days but I need to be in enough that even if I wanted to I couldn't really practically take my Northern Virginia income to the boonies and live like a king. That seems to be the norm in tech these days, though I've read about people who work in SV full remote moving to relatively low COL places like... Portugal.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote