View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 02:58 PM   #8
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
It's part of the reason why I was happy to buy a house with an 825 sq ft shop and a shipping container on the property- I never want to sell anything. I sold my track car's dual projectors and immediately wanted to kick myself in the nuts. I have NOS Silvia fenders and an aero bumper for a car that doesn't exist. I have two engines for my E30 project.
It's funny how those little things you hang onto can end up being useful down the road though. The quick release, valances, and one fender on my car now sat on a shelf for a good 8-10 years before seeing the light of day once again haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Whatever you're working on, make sure it is either profitable as a side hustle or can be scaled rapidly to replace your main income. My brother and I were pulling 13-14 hour days during the week and 7-10 hour days on the weekend to fulfill orders, answer questions, and increase our social media presence and market penetration but our cash burn was such that we couldn't pay ourselves and neither one of us had the savings to quit our job.
Oouf. I've been there. I've been involved with a few eCommerce stores over the years and it's always been a struggle to sustain/scale, especially with Amazon/China ripping off designs... Luckily I can automate 75% of the new project, there's no physical product, and overhead is next to nothing.