View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 02:36 PM   #3503
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
+1 on interest. I've picked up on a lot of cool info between reading this thread and your blog. Thanks for the cool content
Thank you for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashchetum View Post
For whatever reason I always thought you were in the Chicago area, not MI.
I've been a fan of your build since 2013, read the blog, inspired me to do my best with my s14.
I spend time with family in Mi, (Detroit area) and I'll actually be driving my S14 up from Indianapolis up to the Detroit area this weekend.
What part of MI are you from? Ever hit any of the great tracks in MI for a track day? Personal fav is Waterford Hills.
That means a lot- I appreciate it! I do spend a fair amount of time in Chicago to visit friends and family out there, but it's about a four hour drive for me. Could be worse! I live near Ann Arbor.

Oddly enough I don't think I have ever been to any of the tracks in Michigan for events or even to hang out. I'm sure it will happen one day down the road, but it's really tough to find any free time these days.

__________________________________________________ _____

I posted the details about this on my blog, but someone tipped me off to some brand new old stock Nissan parts on eBay a while back that I couldn't pass up: A center console, shifter trim, ash tray, and headlight button. The seller also had some headlight bezels (these are still available brand new) so I snagged those as well to have on deck whenever I get around to painting this car someday.

The car is running really well right now and seems to be enjoying the cold weather. I drove it to Chicago and back over the weekend for a quick trip to celebrate the life of a friend that recently passed away and averaged 31 MPG on the trip- not bad for an old car! It's so nice to have the heat working again in the car this time of year. Driving with the windows up for once was a real treat. The new brakes felt great as well.

I am planning to drive the car until they salt the roads and then I can tuck it away for the year. No major plans for this car for the off season really. I keep thinking about changing wheels, but all of my friends tell me not to. I'm more or less "stuck" with the way the car sits right now- which I suppose is a good thing. I'll likely change the oil, throw some fresh spark plugs in, replace the front tires, and try to leave it alone otherwise until the spring.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote