View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #605
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ Thanks!

So, time for an update... this damn car! :lol: My friend forgot the Tomei diff at his work over the long weekend while I was out in GR to hang out and get it, so I wasn't able to install it. However, I had a tuning appointment last night, so I needed a diff to get there. I helped my friend Greg remove his open diff/six bolt axles on Labor Day and put my old VLSD/axles in his car. Thankfully, Greg was cool enough to let me borrow his open diff so that I could get to my tuning appointment.

I also picked up some NISMO 555cc injectors from another friend over the weekend and installed those. I needed to solder the stock clips back in as well, since I am no longer running the deatschwerks injectors. I took the car back to Matt at Monkey Wrench again last night and had the car retuned for the new, smaller injectors. He said that the NISMOs were actually opening/closing faster, so the tune was actually richer at mid throttle with those installed. In the end, I made the same numbers and am only at 80% duty cycle, so the car is back on the road and feels great!

I decided to throw the 180SX driver's seat in as well to try it out yesterday. It looks pretty cool, but I threw the Zeta III back in last night. I like the seating position a lot better, and I fit well with a helmet on- everything is nicer overall with the Bride, aside from climbing in and out, haha.

So yeah, that's the current status- it's great to be driving the car yet again! Everything is pretty much ready for my trip down to Toby's BBQ in Normal, IL this weekend. I just need to drill relief holes in my fuse box covers to keep them from filling up with water again, since rain is in the forecast for Saturday. I'll have some new pics after this weekend! I'm hoping to throw the Tomei in and hit the drag strip next Wednesday as well, but we'll see how that goes...

Oh, and I made the top 4 in the Wiring Specialties Contest! Here is a link to the voting page once again:

WS Harness Set RAFFLE - FINAL 4 !!!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:47 PM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote