View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 09:06 PM   #23597
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Long story

So 2.5 years ago, I pulled my perfectly running sr out of my car. I put it back in a couple months ago having changed nothing and it fried the ground wire for the CAS when I was trying to start it up.

I have a Wiring Specialties harness and all of the bay grounds connect at one central point in the harness and from there on there is zero damage. I ohmed everything (including the melted ground wire) and everything checked out just fine. The CAS itself did a weird dip to 0 when I first ohm it - not sure if it's supposed to do that or not, but I changed it out anyway and had the same issue, which I guess I should point out is: the car has fuel and air, but no (or weak/intermittent) spark.

I grounded out the ground wire on the block and at pin G (interface connector) and got it to start for a second a couple of times, but couldn't get it to hold idle and couldn't get it to start up again after 3 or so starts.

I tried the ECU and ignitor chip on some one else's car and it ran just fine.

Coil pack harness is fine.

Grounds are all grounded. Could have had one poorly grounded initially, but the issue persisted after cleaning the contact point so that doesn't look to be the issue to me...

Battery and alt are good.

Couldn't find any internal shorts in the harness after taking it apart.

Ohmed just about every connector on the damn harness.

Only things I can think of is:
1. There is a short somewhere, but I can't detect it without the car cranking????
2. Somehow crossed some wires under the dash whilst ripping my gauges from the car 2.5 years ago, but have no idea if that could even possibly cause this problem???
3. Aliens
4. Just needed to unplug and plug it back in because fuck me right????

TLDR:
I'm not getting spark and the CAS ground wire melted. The car started a handful of times but instantly died.
- grounds are good
- battery and alt are good
- wiring harness appears to be good (on the bench and with keys in the ignition)
- ECU and ignitor chip are good
- coilpacks are good
- CAS is good
- have fuel and air

Probably something simple my dumbass is overlooking lol

Diagrams and pinouts I've been using if anyone wants to get real technical
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W2b...jSOAqpsuB/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...BmTFM4XzQ/view