View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 11:13 AM   #23587
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
I picked up an S13 "project" for my daughter (apple doesn't fall far from the tree apparently) and it is basically a mess under the hood. I sold my 92 back in 2005 so going to have a few questions, mainly on the differences between 89-90 & 91-94.

Car is a 1990 with a KA24E +T kit that doesn't run yet (needs a tune and have all this AFC-neo crap ripped out). Also came with a full S13 KA24DE, but I think I want to get the single jingle working for now.

First up, power steering was removed. Will the DE bracket, pump, and lines bolt up, or will I need 89-90 specific parts for this? Mainly need to know what parts to search for, if there's any difference.
youre better off using the KA24de. parts are more readily available and easily found for it.

KA24e and KA24de are two different power steering pumps (they are not interchangeable). sending/return lines are also different due to KA24e pump being on the left side of the motor (reservoir and its lines are also different). the rack is the same between the two however. all 91-98 KA24de pumps are the same. all 91-98 lines are the same (both from the pump to rack and from reservoir to pump).

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote