View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #120
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I have a graph, but for best comparison I should overlay the two. Would you like that?
Yeah, that'd be cool if you wanna. I don't think that guy has the best setup to be comparing 2871 setups to though. He basically just slapped a 6258 on a stock SR but most 2871 guys are gonna have cams and other supporting mods. So it's gonna be difficult to draw any kind of conclusion from it. I just thought it was incredible that he got 400whp from such a small turbo. I know Borg's billet wheels really help at higher pressure ratios but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
Well I don't know about you guys but I am a firm believer after this. A buddy of mine did a direct swap on his fd rx7.
Man, you gotta love the way rotaries can spool big turbos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
It's the wastegate.
Is it? A 6258 is way off the map at 27psi on a 2L at 7K rpm. I wouldn't expect such a small turbo to hold boost like that to redline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
I'm interested to see what my future engine can do. SR20DET, forged bottom end, SR20VE head, would like to do SR16VE N1 cams and see what the 7163 can really do on a TS manifold.
Mmmm yes, a VE head. One of a few long term upgrades I still have left to do to my SR. I also have some GTi-R ITB's that I'm gonna throw on one of these days. I'll probably lose some top end but should be worth it for the low/mid and throttle response.