View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #110
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
I didn't read the thread, but I think I can post a few of my experiences.

My S14: Almost anything worked. Ebrake entries were pretty consistent in 2nd gear (never got on a 3rd gear track actually with this car) but the key I found was keeping the revs at a good level, ready to hit boost right away if necessary for minor angle corrections.

I loved turning in and clutch kicking and just letting the car do its thing, but its kind of inconsistent (depending on what tire, speed, etc would dictate how fast the rear would start rotating out). Using the ebrake was always a, "Oh shit, I'm coming in too shallow" response for me... then again I don't have too much experience (only circuit patterns I've driven was a Wall, NJ layout and a skidpad with cones).

I never really did instantaneous entries until this weekend in a lexus GS300...

With that one I did a very quick flick, power into the corner till you can feel a mild slide in the rear. Once that happened I immediately got on the brake (not ebrake) to bring the rear of the car around. Its not a technique I ever really considered because I thought I would lose too much speed or the car would over rotate too quickly but it worked just fine. After you get enough angle I got right back on the power (mind you this was on open diff automatic non turbo GS300).

Drifted just fine but my line is still usually off.

Here is something I hear a lot of people talk about but haven't heard a true verdict...

Rear sway bar. Run one or not?

I know a bunch of people who drift without one but I do have one on my S14. The one difference I gathered from the two is that if you have a rear sway the car is less likely to "come back" when you push it harder. But then again, thats only a handful of driving experiences so yeah...
renegade_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote