View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 02:13 AM   #92
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
well.. my motor is bad.. and i lost my job.. so the car is just not coming together as fast as i wish it could.. im not like every other guy on here that can afford all the parts in 2 months im not rich all i can do is sell things when i can and when i do then i can get a part or 2 but untill i somehow get another job the cars just not gonna run.
Im in your same position. Im using my GI bill to go to school so I only get 1k per month Im married with a 3yr old but I still manage. You got to hustle man. find out what parts sell cheap in the junk yards clean em up and resell. Ive been doin that for a couple years now and has helped tremendously. I was honorably discharged from the AF with an AS degree and a clean record almost three years ago and am still on the prowl. DONT GIVE UP MAN that feeling of sliding around a corner w/smoke flying beats any other fix out there too me any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
I agree with Colin. An important part of learning is riding in cars with people who are better drivers than you. Letting instructors drive your car is also a good thing because you can mimic their techniques and you know it will work in your car because they just did it in your car.

Occasionally, instructors like myself sometimes have a difficult time drifting student's cars the first lap or two due to improper setup of the car. I can usually give people advice on how to better set up their cars for better consistency especially if it's s-chassis related. That is also another good reason to let an instructor drive your car.

I even drive other staff members cars to help them try and diagnose what's wrong with their setup. There is always room for improvement. I remember letting Ryan Tuerck drive my car before I rebuilt it from the bottom up when he came out to one of our ASB's and it gave me a better idea on how to setup my car when he gave me his feedback. I was still stuck in the lower is cooler trend and he noticed that my front tires were bottoming out under transition at Balcony but since I had grown so accustomed to it, it felt normal to me. I was supposed to drive his FD s13 coupe later on so that I could feel what a well setup s13 felt like but I never got around to it because him and I were so hung over and we both got a late start the next day at HTM. We had time for a nice tandem battle where my car got smoked because it didn't drift as fast and I finally realized the difference between a "cool" drift car and a well setup FD s13 is like.

I def agree with having someone with more experience driving while you are the pass in your own car. Ive rode with JR a few times and make sure and study the reactions of my car in relation to JR's actions such as when the ebrake is being used, throttle control, especially during entry to the first drift angle of attack as well as transitioning.

lol at the hung over part... those guys party hard Ive been to a few of their partys. Dont ever pass out first... you could be sitting on a perfectly good couch one minute and the next your dancing around a bonfire where it used to be. another favorite is the ice luge and bounce houses...

Flybert ... are you going to the track on the 4th? I know you know how to drive... hope you do.

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote