View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Oh, I missed this part of the request...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
So, why was this ever removed in the first place?
1 - some people realized that they could use the [img] tag and add pics when leaving rep.
This led to the inevitable dicks being placed in people's rep, which led to other various forms of smut being put in there, which led to at least one person being fired.
2 - rep circle-jerks, where people would go around giving other people rep and putting their name in them, so the person they gave rep to could respond in kind.
3 - the reverse rep circle jerk, kind of like above, but you leave NEGATIVE rep and someone ELSE'S name, sparking retaliation against someone who was innocent.
4 - the rep lynch mob, where one person and all his homies negative-rep someone into the red.
5 - general rep abuse, just going about and giving reputation to people for random posts not necessarily even warranting it.

Abuse is what killed rep

And I write too!