View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 11:34 AM   #1
splitfire
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
splitfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Infinity EMS engine running issues

Hello

Need an advice in regard to AEM Infinity ECU. I have major issues starting and running SR20VET engine on 508 Infinity EMS. Engine starts poorly; doesn't idle at all; almost doesn't react to throttle; shakes vigorously. Loud and constant backfires, strong odor of unburnt fuel.

Engine is modified: s14 bottom end, P11 head, custom intake collector, topfeed injectors, OEM VET pistons, Carillo rods, metal HG, GTX3071 topmount. It was sitting for 5 years, it hasn't been taken apart, just minor maintenance, oil, coolant, oil pan gasket, etc. Infinity EMS was installed with stock wiring via adapter harness

Engine ran smooth with OEM ECU(it ran way too rich because I wasn't able to find fitting topfeed injectors smaller than 440cc but without any other issues).

What has been done/checked:
- Base AEM calibration for SR20DET
- Deatschwerks 440cc injectors, set parameters from the website(test fitted ID1000 with the same result)
- S14 OEM CAS disc
- injectors and coils pinouts double checked and verified
- compression numbers 135-138-140-135psi
- fuel pressure 43psi, verified with FP sensor and mechanical gauge
- all trims are zero; protections, lambda feedback, idle feedback are disabled
- UEGO shows extremely lean condition: 1.9lambda

What hasn't been done yet:
- Ignition sync with EMS. I know that this is the first thing to do but I just cannot make it idle and need an assist; my brother will be able to help me in a couple of days. But I played with advancing/retarding ignition 10-15 degrees: it didn't help much.

Now I'm completely stuck. Any advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWuQjdOgGsk
splitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links