View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #178
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Just so you and everyone knows.

Some tips on sheet metal welding:

Sheet metal warps when welded on continuously. Solution: Make small welds or tacks every inch or so. Also dont weld in a line. Weld in one spot then go to another area and weld. Spread it out as much as possible.

Tips on welding in general:
The cleanness of the area to be welded will determine how well the weld turns out. You should make cleaning a step in the welding process. Also consider it a prerequisite before welding is even possible to have the cleanest metal possible. I think of it like this. If the metal can be cleaner, it will be before the welder is turned on.

Also some tips on joining 2 pieces together.

The only thing besides what i just said above.

Fit Fit Fit Fit Fit. This goes for aluminum, stainless, inc, ti, cromo, steel.
The closer the fit the better the end result. Easier to weld, cleaner welds, smaller beads, more even welds. I have had customers think the welds I am showing them are a machine weld, due to gapless fitment.
Yay! Someone knowledgeable with good info! lol.
I couldn't have said it better.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote