View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 11:53 PM   #76
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
More gussets !
Started by removing and replacing the lower support tube since it was interfering with radiator clearance. Now I’ve got good fitment!

You’ll notice the strut bar design I went with is welded permanent. After cutting so much of the sheet metal off the lower strut towers they lost a good amount of structure. So adding this type of strut bar tying in with the firewall will add all the structure back needed

I notched the gusset to be able to view the stamped vin number. The actual vin plate will be riveted onto the gusset right where the stock location would be. Not exactly legal but the design of the gusset wouldn’t look right if it stopped before the vin plate so oh well it’ll look stock when everything’s painted

I’ve officially gotten the radiator mounted. I’ll go into that further on the next post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote