View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 11:36 PM   #72
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnow View Post
assuming that the car will be used for drifting wouldn't the V-mount be rather inefficient? I don't know too much about drifting since I just street drive my s13 so my thought process might be wrong.

It looks cool but doesn't look the most efficient way of cooling to me.

From my understanding and logic I wouldn’t think the v mount would be any less efficient than a traditional stock vertical set up.
The air coming in thru the bumper will go thru the radiator and draft directly into the airflow underneath the car instead of being pushed into the engine bay while the air traveling past the intercooler will be diverted out of the hood vents. ( I’ll be adding ducting thruout)
Formula D cars run the radiator in the trunk but I can’t see myself doing that. Atleast anytime soon.
And that requires properly placed and sealed ducts on rear quarter glasses to divert air while drifting sideways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote