View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 01:31 AM   #66
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Suprareal's S13 FB build (sr20det eventually)

Earlier I mentioned that pop up tube fronts are in my opinion the hardest and most time consuming. That’s because the way the headlights mount in a flat plane rather then vertical like Silvia/ s14 headlights. I find it a lot more difficult to level everything out to have the proper panel gaps.

Earlier I made sure my front most forward tubes center was at maximum headlight height that way I can run a flat piece off it to mount to and have plenty room for front to back error. If I was really good I could have made the front tube exactly the length and height so the headlight can mount directly on to that ... but I’m not that good yet.

I’m choosing to only use one of the lower mounts for simplicity but it’s plenty to hold the lights solid.
I’ve threaded the bar stock itself to bolt onto

Next before I can get to mount the radiator or anything else in the engine bay for that matter I need to build the bash bar.
I chose to cap the front of the frame rails with 1/4” plate. The plate is tapped but for extra thread contact I chose to weld nuts on the back side.
Since I’m using 1.5” tubing to mount onto the bash bar the bolt hole locations are critical for room given the frame rails are only 1.5”x3”
I could have made the plates larger much than the frame rails but I wouldn’t look as clean

It’s starting to look like a car again and I can breathe haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote