View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #62
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I'm following this thread. I need to make a splitter to protect my bumper not so much for performance.
Yeah 3mm would be enough for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatche View Post
Hi, I just wanted to let you know im your new biggest fan. I could have warned you about the 4 turbo to manifold nuts being the #1 issue. After years of troubleshooting my only option was to safety wire, but when I had my turbo out last time I didnt even want to try to figure it out I decided I will just weld them together next time they come apart. I cant wait to see you at the next Nissan Challenge event. I saw your car up close at SOW but I had not seen your build thread til now. Woooo. I love 240 time attack builds done well.
Thanks Vatche, I will see you on the 22nd @ACS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Stage 8 fasteners seemed to have kept my turbo attached for a few track days now.

The big thing is running that bracket from the downpipe to the transmission mount/crossmember and taking weight off the turbo.

The next time I have to take it apart I, too, am just going to weld the turbine housing to the manifold and call it.
YES!

.................................................. ..................................................

Got done with the splitter :

started with 2 stacks of 3mm aluminum composite panels. I used liquid nail to hold them together.
I used aluminum square tube to save weight on the bottom and welded some steel tubing to the bash bar.

stood on it to make sure it will handle the downforce.
I tore the middle of the panel and it started spreading so I reinforced it it with aluminum plate and carbon plate on top. Maybe I can use it for gopro mount in the future.

Last edited by battery1882; 07-07-2017 at 11:54 AM..
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote