View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #28
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Floorboard modification for 6'4" tall dude comfort, with a cage, and a helmet.

I tried to get my seat comfortable without cutting the floorboard, but it just wasn't happening. Fuck it. I cut out the area where the OEM catalytic converter would live, then my seat could dump down flat on the floorboard and it felt crazy to sit that low. I cut some 3/16" steel plate to weld in place down there to replace the floorboard.

I used some 3M seam sealer to fill in the unwelded areas to make it waterproof then sprayed some paint on it to prevent rust. I also laid down some heat shielding mat under my carpet for obvious reasons.

Since I cut out the area where the test pipe would live, that means my exhaust would not bolt up anymore without modification.

So I got to work rebuilding the front pipe on my eBay 3" stainless exhaust and ended up with this. It turns towards the passenger side to clear my new floorboard, then turns back under the driveshaft to connect back to the flange near the diff just like a normal eBay exhaust.

I haven't done a ton of this wall stainless welding but I am proud of this pretty set of rainbows.

So the cage by Kevin Soucie @ Turn5 Fabrication is fantastic! After notching all of my interior plastics and things I painted the cage and installed everything. It looks great IMO, I am super happy with my car again.