View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #101
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCharger View Post
Until a ROM tune gets a neat little commander that eliminates 4-5 analog gauges and monitors things like Knock, A/F, RPM, Speed, temperature etc etc. then the POWER FC still reigns supreme.

How could not make the same amount of power or better with a standalone than what you make with a ROM. You all make it sound like a ROM > Standalone which any tuner knows is not true.

If you have to go ROM tunes -- I am guessing almost everyone is happy with the JWT better than the other ROM options out there. How do you ever know that you are getting spark knock or not once you get into high boost with it? The damage would be done before you ever knew what happened?

I agree with what you are saying.

At the same time, the guys that do these tunes are legit EXPERTS.

Like they have tested out X cams, X manifold, etc etc etc and know how everything effects everything.

That beings said, I would imagine that the ONLY way they could guarantee they aren't gonng blow anything would be to always err (how much, I dunno) on the side of safeness in terms of spark advance and AFRs....

I'm wondering if someone blows their motor, what are the legal scenarios? I mean, if you do a schlock job of putting your shit together and your CAS is off a bit, then you put in a JWT ROM and blow your motor, that's your fault.

But at the same time, there are natural variances to IDENTICALLY setup motors.

The only way around this (I assume) is for the tune to be pretty darn safe.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote