View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
krisguzzi

Trader Rating: (0)
krisguzzi is an unknown quantity at this point
89 240sx Build (Roseville, CA)

Got my first s-chassis and decided to make a build thread, I've always wanted to make one with my previous cars.

so ive owned this car for a couple months now, here's the progress on the build so far.

night i bought the car

about a week or so later i got in contact with the previous owner to ask some questions about the car,
1. the tranny wined super loud on accel and idle, ended up having a solid trans mount, found a oem mount for sale and that completely fixed the noise.

2. boost kicking in around 4-4500 rpm. car had many many boost leaks.

3. if he had any extra parts he didn't give me. met up with him and got a box of goodies.

smic, subframe collars, etc.

first couple things i did to the car,

installed smic, painted valve cover, and painted strut bar

tried on some 19x12.5 weds ratzingers, WAY TOO BIG

picked up some r32 sedan ganador aero mirrors locally

the car didnt change from this look for a few weeks

aaaand exhaust leaks, ended up breaking off 2 hangers creating 2 big holes and exhaust started hitting frame rail.

picked up an ISR dual tip exhaust from a friend.

ended up selling all of my oem bumpers and chuki side skirts, so i picked up an aero kit, with some slight modifications, it fit pretty good.

heres some photos of the car on my friends rpf1's

early birthday present from my girlfriend. i fabricated some mounts for the seats because im pretty tall and like to sit very low.

most favorite part of the car for now has to be the new hood,
sold the stock for for dirt cheap and spent way to much on this origin kelvar hood,

heres how the exhaust looks with the rear bumper.

sold my xxrs, and went to my friends at griplow.com and picked up some wheels locally, went with weds cerburus 18x8 +45 and +25 these will be re lipped soon.

Last edited by krisguzzi; 06-19-2017 at 10:51 AM..
krisguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links