View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #89
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Dude, people your age are dying. You need to be careful.
LOL he is not really 78 . Oh and people of all ages are dying. The biggest factor is a high percentage like close to 85% of the people dying have underlying health issues already.

The best thing to do is to keep distance and wash your hands quite frequently. I literally wash my hands everytime I go outside and inside. I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer so I have it when hand washing is not available. You can easily make hand sanitizer as well. Rubbing Alcohol and aloe or mint tea oil and hydrogen peroxide.

I know social distancing sucks but what sucks more is getting sick with
Covid19 . Though truthfully if you live in California you have a high chance of already having been exposed or even having had it already.

Why do I say this? Look at the timeline it broke out in Wuhan in late Nov early December. It was reported to the WHO by China at the end of December. The only journalism that really covered it with alarm was the Journal of Science. Every other news organization noted it but did not give much attention.
Meanwhile Los Angeles and Long Beach two of the biggest ports in the country and responsible for a high percentage of imports from China went about their business. With business you had people traveling back and forth between here and China.
Now a high percentage of Chinese immigrants also do business with or worth in the Silicon Valley as well.
So you had two major interaction points in California . So forward to mid January and NAMM ( NAtional association of music merchandisers) a huge music industry convention in Anaheim where all the music equipment manufacturers get together. People come from all over the world to look at the new equipment coming out from all the manufacturers aka retailers. Ad to that its a major gathering of musicians from the very famous to not so famous that perform at sponsored shows for free. Ad into that producers and engineers as they now have included AES ( Audio Engineering Society ) into the mix.
Now why bring this up. Well as like most modern industries lots of stuff in the music industry is now manufactured in China and yes at NAMM there are a lot of Chinese reps. Well a lot of the Chinese reps at NAMM where going around wearing face masks. We asked ourselves hmm why are they wearing face masks. No one was talking about Wuhan no one was talking about Covid. Hell they were not even talking about it.
Now since we know that a lot of Asians at the first sign of sickness dawn face masks in hopes of not getting sick. Ya that sounds like a stereotype but before Covid19 in the U.S. it was pretty much true.
So we did not think much, except after NAMM several of us got sick with strange colds or fevers. My friend had a fever that put him down for nearly two weeks and he had cough he could not get rid for three weeks afterwards.
I had a strange chest only thing I thought was a cold that lasted over two weeks as well.
They even have told us a majority of healthy people who got Covid would experience a cold to severe cold to flu like symptoms and nothing more and some would not even know they had it.

So I think based of this sensible yet partly anecdotal evidence that its been here in California and possibly the U.S. overall longer than we realize.
That it took awhile to spread to the point where it spread faster.
That the reason California numbers are much lower than say New York are several different factors one is California is already started down the herd immunity road due to longer exposure. 2 is New York is more densely populated in the City. Plus did not have as much prolonged exposure. 3. That people here were getting it a lot but it was not being diagnosed as it appeared to be the flu. We have had a exceptionally bad flu season this year and 20k people have died from the flu( or so they think) as well in the U.S.
Plus my sister runs a credit card processing business and had clients in Vegas that got sick in December with pnuemonia like symptoms were tested for flu but did not show positive and had to go the hospital for it.
Just another interesting question and story.
So Social distancing can help for awhile to flatten the curve though eventually we do have to interact otherwise we will pro long the timeline of the disease.
First order would be to let children go out play and see friends as they are the least affected and would bolster herd immunity because they will develop anti bodies quickly. The older and at high risk( due to underlying medical conditions should still shelter in place. Healthy and recovered should go back to work and we should have testing perhaps by the businesses of employees to make sure they are not sick( ya I know that part is a tall order because we need more testing capability but that is actually starting to be corrected)
This would be the way till a Vaccine that works could be developed and administered.

Its really the way out though take it for what you will this is a new paradigm so to speak. It will probably be a year or two before we are back to what most of us considered normal.
Do not let the conspiracy theorists rule your thinking though be rational stay healthy we will get through .

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote