View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 10:17 PM   #23090
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
First off, what chassis and what engine are you working with? Those look like the S14 connectors around the fuse box area, so I'll try to answer some of your questions based on that assumption. Just ignore me if you have an S13 or something.
1995 S14 Zenki w/ 1JZ non-vvti

And yes, you are correct, these are both old connectors from the fuse box area.

Quote:
That connector should be for the oil pressure switch and the starter signal. I think it's a triangle shaped 3-pin connector with only 2 wires used. Follow the lower/trans harness and it should go to the oil pressure sensor. Yes, it is only the dash dummy light.
Thanks, that's what i figured, I just wanted some final verification. I will completely remove this triangle connector later and put in a single pin connector for the starter signal.

Quote:
At this point, I would highly recommend you grab a FSM for your chassis and following the wiring diagram accordingly. Deleting wires based off basic internet research alone is a recipe for a bad time. That said, it matches the pinout for the alternator signal. Again, I'm assuming this is the 8-pin S14 connector under the fuse box.
I actually have been using the FSM from the moment I started deleting things. The problem is that the last time I finished working on the car, I had what I needed to complete written down. Then my stupid depressed ass let months lapse before even touching the car again and OF COURSE the paper is now missing. I'm actually in the process of reassembly and these two wires were the last of what I need to take care of before putting the dash back in. I'm 99% sure that the wire is the ALT-S wire. I know for sure that one end went to the gauge cluster, but I'm just not tracking down in the FSM where it went to the 7.5A fuse. The fuse was labeled ALT-S, so all of the signs are there. I've tracked it down before in the FSM and had the solution written down, but I can't remember clearly enough to make me feel good about it. I'm just the type of person who doubts myself a lot so I look for verification from those with prior experience. I'm gonna reprint the pages from the EL section of the FSM and try to get a 100% answer to this. Thanks for the help man, I appreciate it.